The SMC Studio is a beautiful and modern event space managed and maintained by Spartanburg Methodist College. The Studio is available to rent when not in use by the college, and it is a perfect location for meetings and events both small and large.
Before booking The Studio, please consult the event calendar on The Studio home page to make sure your event date isn't already reserved.
Specifics and Amenities
$100 per hour, 2-hour minimum. $300 for 4 hours. $500 for a full day. Registered non-profits receive a 50% discount on all rates.
First Floor, Aug W. Smith Building
174 E. Main Street, Spartanburg, SC
Total occupancy: 92
Seating for 30 with Studio tables/chairs
(additional seating may be furnished by renter)
Total square footage: 1,600
On-street city parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Easy access to large group parking via the Dunbar Street Parking Garage, which is a very short walk away via Liberty Street.
SMC Studio is wheelchair accessible. Main level bathrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Giant front panel doors open completely to the Denny’s Plaza area. Spill the Beans (coffee and ice cream) is conveniently located next door. Catering space inside Conference Room (counter space, small sink and refrigerator).
- 18′ x 12′ (216 square feet)
- Seats 10 comfortably
- Sink and counter space for refreshments
- 75″ flat-screen TV with HDMI connection for presentations
- 18′ x 21′ (378 square feet)
- Seats 30 comfortably
- Modular chairs and tables are easily configured to suit your purposes.
- 139″ retractable screen with ceiling-mounted projector and HDMI connection
- 18′ x 18′ (324 square feet)
- Large front doors can be opened onto the street to extend the entertaining space